By Michael G. Uva
Gain the fundamental talents of a pro grip to develop into the jack and master of all trades on a film or tv express set. notice very important insider guidance starting from the way to function state-of-the-art rigging and lights gear to appearing tough digital camera mounts on plane, boats, automobiles, and trains.
In The Grip Book, Fifth Edition, professional Hollywood grip Michael G. Uva teaches you to put in, organize, retain, and make sure the security of all apparatus on a suite, akin to C-stands, cameras, and any forte equipment wanted for a shoot. guidance for on-set etiquette and the way to prevail as a technical team member will jumpstart your occupation and make you a worthy asset on any movie or tv group. This newly more suitable variation marks the 25th anniversary of a Focal Press vintage and has been up to date to incorporate:
- A 4-color insert overlaying greenscreen setup
- Technical services on protecting the most recent and maximum filmmaking equipment
- Engaging how-to movies at the spouse site (www.focalpress.com/9780415842372) which show suggestions defined within the book
- A thoroughly new try out part with over 100 questions and solutions, permitting you to quiz your self at the strategies and ideas you’ve simply learn
- Guidelines on what a grip needs to be bodily capable of practice of their day by day duties
- A European-specific appendix that features a desk of eu grip phrases and their American equivalents
Whether you're a expert grip trying to enhance your abilities or an aspiring one simply starting to research the alternate, the time-tested suggestions and methods for delicate and secure operation on set make this new version an fundamental reference guide.