By Jim Bennett,Michael Cooper,Michael Hunter,Lisa Jardine
Read or Download London's Leonardo: The Life and Work of Robert Hooke PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
A frequent sympathy for a missed determine of seventeenth-century technology is being displaced via anything extra positive--a mix of astonishment on the awesome variety and variety of his skills, esteem for the originality and acumen of his technology, admiration for his administrative strength and civic integrity, and fascination on the power, emotion, and frailty obtrusive in a lifestyles totally engaged with the realm of recovery London.
The Oxford instruction manual of the historical past of Physics brings jointly state-of-the-art writing via greater than twenty major specialists at the background of physics from the 17th century to the current day. through offering a large variety of reviews in one quantity, it offers authoritative introductions to scholarly contributions that experience tended to be dispersed in journals and books no longer simply obtainable to the final reader.
First released in 1936, this quantity includes six of the Halley Stewart Lectures – initially based "For examine in the direction of the Christian perfect in All Social existence" – through the various maximum of English scientists of the mid-20th century, each one a number one authority in his respective box: cosmology, physics, meteorology, medication and genetics.
Offerings: 1) God IS. .. or 2) God isn't really. What we elect is important to our destiny - and to our current. but, neither could be proved. So, how do we come to a decision? There are three issues to contemplate, whichever selection you eventually make: 1) What am I obliged to think? 2) What difficulties will that reason me? three) What are the implications?
- The Species Seekers: Heroes, Fools, and the Mad Pursuit of Life on Earth
- Science and Modern India: An Institutional History, c.1784-1947: Project of History of Science, Philosophy and Culture in Indian Civilization, Volume XV, Part 4: Volume XV Part 4
- Governing Future Technologies: Nanotechnology and the Rise of an Assessment Regime: 27 (Sociology of the Sciences Yearbook)
- Remembering the Manhattan Project:Perspectives on the Making of the Atomic Bomb and Its Legacy
- Receptions of Descartes: Cartesianism and Anti-Cartesianism in Early Modern Europe (Routledge Studies in Seventeenth-Century Philosophy)
- Science in Environmental Policy: The Politics of Objective Advice (Politics, Science, and the Environment)
Additional info for London's Leonardo: The Life and Work of Robert Hooke
London's Leonardo: The Life and Work of Robert Hooke by Jim Bennett,Michael Cooper,Michael Hunter,Lisa Jardine